Competition Number: 12-636 MH
Status: Permanent Full Time
Department: Financial Services
Reports To: Deputy CFO
Hours: Days 7.5 Hour Shifts
Published here: 2013-03-08
The Accounts Receivable Manager will be responsible for managing the operations of the patient accounts department which includes cashier, patient billing, claims processing, miscellaneous billing and all other hospital payment processing and collection activities; provide support to clinical managers throughout the hospital to meet revenue targets; revenue contract monitoring and support to programs/services for revenue contract development.
• Post-secondary degree/diploma in Business and have obtained a professional accounting designation (CA, CMA or CGA) and two years of direct experience in the billing and reimbursement cycle.
• Minimum 5 years management experience in a hospital setting.
• Advanced level Microsoft Excel/Word.
• Knowledge of best practices to be applied to managing the accounts receivable. functions gained through job experience.
• Knowledge of the Public Hospitals Act as it relates to billable practices.
• Highly analytical and have the ability to exercise professional judgment.
• Strong communication skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of hospital information system.
• People management skills and experience.
• Strong skills in the Microsoft Office suite.
• Strong problem solving ability.
• High attention to detail.
• Ability to interpret and use clear judgment when solving issues.
• Ability to work under continuous tight deadlines.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Proven attendance record.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy;
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Candidates may submit a job posting application to Human Resource Services by the closing date. Please quote the appropriate competition number in the subject line of your email (example: HR 01/10). We thank all external applicants, but only those under consideration will be contacted. No Agencies Please.