Competition Number: 12-666 MH
Status: Permanent Full Time
Program: Woman & Child Program
Reports To: Manager, Woman & Child Program
Hours: Days, Evenings, Nights and Weekends 7.5 and 11.25 Hour Shifts
Salary: $25.22 - $27.11 per hour
Published here: 2013-03-22
Represented By: OPSEU
To provide a high quality of nursing care to postpartum mothers with babies and stable antepartum patients. Care will be provided utilizing the principles of Family Centered care and the nursing process, following established standards of practice both within the hospital and the profession.
• Graduate of a recognized program for Registered Practical Nurses.
• Holds a current general certificate of registration from the College of Nurses
• Current BCLS.
• NRP preferred upon hire but must be obtained within 3 months of hire date.
• Breastfeeding course and Fetal health surveillance course (FHSL) an asset. FHSL will be required within 3 months of hire.
• Previous obstetrical experience required.
• Enrolled in or successfully completed Physical Assessment Course.
• Proven attendance record.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy;
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
* This position is represented by OPSEU
Candidates may submit a job posting application to Human Resource Services by the closing date. Please quote the appropriate competition number in the subject line of your email (example: HR 01/10). We thank all external applicants, but only those under consideration will be contacted. No Agencies Please.