Competition Number: 12-584 MH
Status: Permanent Full Time
Program: Medicine Program
Department: Medicine Inpatient Unit C3N
Reports To: Manager, 3D Med/Tele, CCU, D3M medicine, and the Cardiovascular Rehab Centre
Hours: Days, Evenings, Nights, and Weekends 7.5 & 11.25 Hour Shifts
Salary: $25.22 - $27.11 per hour
Published here: 2013-03-25
Represented By: OPSEU
To provide a high quality of nursing care to patients and their families utilizing the nursing process, following established standards of practice both within the hospital and the profession.
• Graduate of a recognized program for Registered Practical Nurses.
• Holds a current general certificate of registration from the College of Nurses
• Current BCLS.
• 1-2 years experience in a medicine unit
• Enrolled in or successfully completed Physical Assessment Course.
• Enrolled in or successfully completed the IV Therapy Course.
• Proven attendance record.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy;
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
* This position is represented by OPSEU
Candidates may submit a job posting application to Human Resource Services by the closing date. Please quote the appropriate competition number in the subject line of your email (example: HR 01/10). We thank all external applicants, but only those under consideration will be contacted. No Agencies Please.