Competition Number: 12-671 MH
Status: Casual Part Time
Department: Adult Day Program (Offsite location as of April 22, 2013 – 9401 Jane Street Site)
Reports To: Coordinator, Adult Day Program
Hours: Days (Monday to Friday) 7 hour shifts
Salary: $18.95 - $22.36 per hour
Published here: 2013-03-26
Represented By: OPSEU
To support the clients in activities of daily living to maximize their health, well-being and independence. To participate in program planning and facilitating and some administrative duties.
• College Diploma/Certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution in a health related field, i.e. Activation, Gerontology, Personal Support Work.
• Current certificate in Basic Cardiac Life Support.
• One year recent experience with cognitively impaired and physically complex disabled adults.
• Experience in a Community Program, Adult Day Program experience preferred.
• Experience providing recreational activities to group and individuals.
• Actively contributes and participates in hospital and external activities, e.g. projects, task forces, workload measurement audits, staffing, education and orientation of staff and students.
• Strong assessment skills.
• Organization skills.
• Conflict management skills.
• Demonstrates excellent written and verbal English skills.
• Ability to speak a second language, an asset.
• Experience leading group activities.
• Maintains confidentiality.
• Proven attendance record.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy;
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
This position is represented by OPSEU
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the competition number in the subject line of your email. No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration for an interview will be contacted.