Competition Number: 12-657 MH
Status: Temporary Full Time (approx. 12 months)
Program: BSO for Central LHIN
Reports To: BSO Program Manager
Hours: Days and Evenings, 7.5 Hour Shifts
Salary: $25.22 - $27.11 per hour
Published here: 2013-04-04
Represented By: OPSEU
The promotion and assessment of health, provision of care for the treatment of health conditions by supportive, preventative, therapeutic, palliative and rehabilitative means in order to attain or maintain optimal function.
The Registered Practical Nurse, Mobile Support Team, provides nursing care planning and evaluation expertise to an inter-professional team that works with residents of long-term care homes. Working with MST Registered Nurses and Patient Care Assistants (PSW’s), the RPN will contribute to improving the quality of life for clients with responsive behaviours through building on community capacity to address responsive behaviours in the place where people live. The RPN’s work is conducted in a manner that is consistent with the Mission, Vision and Values of the Central LHIN.
There are three teams within the geographical boundaries of the Central LHIN:
• South Team – main office located at Humber River Regional Hospital – Keele Site
• Central Team – main office located in Stouffville
• North Team – main office located in Bradford
• Currently registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Graduate of a recognized program for Registered Practical Nurse
• Current Basic Rescuer Certificate in Basic Cardiac Life Support
• Additional qualifications and experience as required by specific areas
• One year of previous experience in an acute health facility, Preferred
• Two year’s experience with clients in Long Term Care
• Training in (or willingness to participate in training) P.I.E.C.E.S., GPA, U-First!
• Working knowledge of the Long Term Care Homes Act and Regulations and other legislation that is relevant to the venues in which care is provided
• Extensive knowledge and skill working with individuals with various types of dementia, delirium, mental health, addictions, other neurological conditions and those who experience an acute behavioural change who can be best served by a behavioural support system
• Sound understanding of and commitment to the principles of the Behavioural Supports Ontario Project and the service re-design plan for the Central LHIN
• Ability to deliver non-pharmacological and pharmacological management approaches
• Familiarity with RAI documentation including assessments, RAPs and care planning functions
• Basic computer skills including ability to use electronic communication devices and software pertaining to risk management and documentation
• Commitment to quality improvement and change initiatives
• Effectiveness in emergency management system principles
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the position
• Valid driver's license and access to reliable vehicle required
• Proven attendance record.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy;
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
* This position is represented by OPSEU
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com. Please quote the competition number in the subject line of your email. No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration for an interview will be contacted.