Competition Number: 13-105 MH
Status: Permanent Full Time
Department: Mental Health Inpatient Unit/Outpatient Services
Reports To: Program Manager, Mental Health
Hours: Days and Evenings, 7.5 Hour Shifts
Published here: 2013-04-05
The Patient Care Coordinator is a member of the program/clinical area management team and
responsible for the overall day to day operations split between 3 South Inpatient Unit and the Mental Health Outpatient Services responsible for the coordination of patient and family care, facilitation of patient flow, coordination of staff and resources, and conduct of supervisory support functions such as attendance and performance management, and conflict resolution at the point of care and beyond.
• Regulated Health Professional with Baccalaureate Degree (Registered Nurse preferred).
• CNS certification in Mental Health preferred.
• Mental Health courses, CPI.
• Current BCLS.
• Demonstrated leadership skills with a minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Mental Health.
• Community care experience preferred.
• Demonstrates strong clinical skills related to the area.
• Able to discern relevant information to make effective decisions regarding patient care planning.
• Knowledge of CNO standards of practice and a clear understanding of the application of the RHPA legislation.
• Ability to work independently, self-directed and can effectively lead clinical inter-professional teams.
• Highly developed conflict resolution skills.
• Well-developed ability to delegate clinical tasks appropriately.
• Demonstrates commitment to professional development and learning.
• Demonstrates excellence in interpersonal, communication, coaching, mentoring and team building skills that facilitate positive interactions among all members of the health care team.
• Demonstrates understanding of continuous improvement principles and tools.
• Possesses highly developed analytical, problem solving, critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrates a strong patient and customer focused philosophy in all interactions.
• Possess the ability to introduce and effectively facilitate change.
• Demonstrates ability to provide leadership, support and critical analysis in stressful, complex clinical and emotional situations.
• Ability to analyze research and implement evident-based practice into Policy and Procedure development and clinical practice.
• Experience with guiding staff experiencing performance and/or attendance problems.
• Communicates effectively using timely, appropriate written, verbal and non-verbal means.
• Must be a team player and customer focused.
• Utilizes effective listening skills to maximize understanding of issues.
• Proven ability to work within a computerized environment.
• Proven attendance record. Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy;
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com. Please quote the competition number in the subject line of your email. No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration for an interview will be contacted.