Competition Number: 13-127
Status: Casual Part Time (2)
Department: Health Information Services
Reports To: Chief Information Officer
Hours: Days, Evenings and Weekends 7.5 Hour Shifts
Published here: 2013-04-16
Accurately collect, maintain and process patient information in accordance with PHIPA and YCH Health Information Services policies as well as perform various duties with respect to the statistical maintenance of admission, discharge and transfer of patient records. Accurate and timely collection, maintenance and processing of all patient records. Ensure that all records are available electronically within 48 hours of discharge. Maintain accurate records stored on microfilm, roll film and compact discs. Ability to use microfiche reader to access and print patient records. Maintain confidentiality and security of patient health information. Maintain log book relating to internal and backdoor deaths and D.O.A.’s. Release of bodies to funeral homes in accordance with Health Information Services policy. FAX release of information requests according to current legislation. Accurately Prepare records for scanning. Accurately scan prepared records using document capture software. Perform quality control indexing of scanned records for release to the Electronic patient file. Meet departmental requirements for prep/scan/index workload measurements.
• Successful completion of a High school diploma or equivalent. Experience in a Health Records
• department preferred.
• Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
• Understanding of McKesson Star HIS system would be an asset.
• Understanding of use of microfiche equipment.
• Ability to organize and prioritize to effectively deal with the variety and volume of work.
• Ability to work independently to troubleshoot scanning and indexing issues
• Attention to detail of patient information on all patient chart documentation
• Ability to work independently with little direction.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Withstand stress of a fast-paced environment.
• Endure moderate walking and periodical long periods of sitting.
• Computer literacy in a Windows environment utilizing Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook at
a senior level.
• Proven attendance record.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy;
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com. Please quote the competition number in the subject line of your email. No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration for an interview will be contacted.