Competition Number: 13-138 MH
Status: Temporary Part Time (For Approx. 10Months)
Department: Behaviour Management (Acquired Brain Injury – Newmarket Site)
Reports To: Coordinator, ABI program
Hours: Days, (2 days per week) 7 Hour Shifts
Published here: 2013-04-19
Represented By: OPSEU
Supporting clients living with the effects of brain injury, in activities of daily living to maximize their health, well-being and independence. Participating in program planning and facilitating and some administrative duties.
• College Diploma/Certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution in a health related field, i.e. Activation, Gerontology, Personal Support Work.
• Current certificate in Basic Cardiac Life Support.
• One year recent experience with people living with the effects of brain injury and physically complex disabled adults.
• Experience in a Community Program, Acquired Brain Injury Adult Day Program experience preferred.
• Experience providing recreational activities to group and individuals.
• Actively contributes and participates in hospital and external activities, e.g. projects, task forces, workload measurement audits, staffing, education and orientation of staff and students.
• Strong assessment and organization skills.
• Conflict management skills.
• Demonstrates excellent written and verbal English skills.
• Ability to speak a second language, an asset.
• Experience leading group activities.
• Computer literacy in a Windows environment.
• Proven attendance record. Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy;
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
This position is represented by OPSEU
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the competition number in the subject line of your email. No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration for an interview will be contacted.