Competition Number: 13-138 MH
Status: Temporary Part Time (For Approx. 10Months)
Department: Behaviour Management (Acquired Brain Injury – Newmarket Site)
Reports To: Coordinator, ABI program
Hours: Days, (2 days per week) 7 Hour Shifts
Published here: 2013-04-19
Represented By: OPSEU
Supporting clients living with the effects of brain injury, in activities of daily living to maximize their health, well-being and independence. Participating in program planning and facilitating and some administrative duties.
• College Diploma/Certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution in a health related field, i.e. Activation, Gerontology, Personal Support Work.
• Current certificate in Basic Cardiac Life Support.
• One year recent experience with people living with the effects of brain injury and physically complex disabled adults.
• Experience in a Community Program, Acquired Brain Injury Adult Day Program experience preferred.
• Experience providing recreational activities to group and individuals.
• Actively contributes and participates in hospital and external activities, e.g. projects, task forces, workload measurement audits, staffing, education and orientation of staff and students.
• Strong assessment and organization skills.
• Conflict management skills.
• Demonstrates excellent written and verbal English skills.
• Ability to speak a second language, an asset.
• Experience leading group activities.
• Computer literacy in a Windows environment.
• Proven attendance record. Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy;
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
This position is represented by OPSEU
Candidates may submit a job posting application to Human Resource Services by the closing date. Please quote the appropriate competition number in the subject line of your email (example: HR 01/10). We thank all external applicants, but only those under consideration will be contacted. No Agencies Please.