Competition Number: 13-151 MH
Status: Permanent Full Time
Program: Professional Practice
Reports To: Chief Practice Officer
Hours: Days, 7.5 Hour Shifts
Salary: $46.57 - $56.51 per hour
Published here: 2013-04-29
Represented By: ONA
The Nurse Practitioner (NP), Cardiology provides comprehensive nursing services including health promotion, disease and injury prevention, treatment, cure, rehabilitation and support for patients with cardiac issues. The NP has advanced knowledge, skill and decision-making skills in providing comprehensive health focused approach in meeting the health needs of patients with cardiac issues.
The NP will practice within the interprofessional team model and be responsible for promoting best practices in cardiac care and promote excellence in the nursing care of patients with cardiac issues through direct patient care, program design, clinical consultation, staff education and research.
• Master’s Degree in Nursing preferred
• Current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario as an RN (EC) - Nurse Practitioner-Primary Health Care (PHCNP) or Nurse Practitioner-Adult (NP-Adult)
• Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated current expertise in caring for patients with cardiac issues and management
• Membership in the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario
• Membership in the Nurse Practitioner Association of Ontario, preferred
• National certification in Cardiovascular Nursing from the Canadian Nurses Association, preferred
• Specialty certifications related to the area of expertise
• Advanced clinical knowledge and implementation of evidenced based practice
• Superior interpersonal, coaching, and leadership skills
• Excellent decision making, problem recognition and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development
• Computer literacy in word processing
• A strong desire and capacity to promote professional practice and excellence in evidence-based, patient centered care
• Demonstrated competency in the following areas: health assessment and diagnosis; health care management and therapeutic intervention; health promotion and prevention of illness, injury and complications in the care of patients with cardiac issues
• Demonstrates the competencies to autonomously diagnose, order and interpret diagnostic tests, prescribe pharmaceuticals and perform procedures within the RN(EC) legislated scope of practice and designated medical directives, as appropriate
• Advanced knowledge, skill and decision making and expertise in the nursing care of patients with cardiac issues
• Facilitates application of relevant information to make effective judgments and decisions to lead the management of care for patients with cardiac issues
• Previous experience with the development and implementation of medical directives
• Effective communication skills, engages others, and is a reflective listener and learner
• Evidence of program design, resource development and project management skills
• Demonstrates Mackenzie Health’s core values
• Self-directed, works independently and able to effectively lead project teams to achieve outcomes
• Demonstrated knowledge of evaluation methodologies
• Proven analytical thinking and proactive problem solving and decision making skills
• Excellent report writing skills
• Proficient with computer programs including; Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook.
• Working knowledge of the College of Nurses of Ontario standards of practice.
• Proven attendance record. Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy;
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
This position is represented by ONA
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com. Please quote the competition number in the subject line of your email. No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration for an interview will be contacted.