Competition Number: 13-179 MH
Status: Casual Part Time (4)
Program: Nursing Resource Team
Reports To: Manager, Staffing Office
Hours: Days, Evenings, Nights, and Weekends 7.5 and 11.25 Hour Shifts (Other Shifts as required i.e. 4 hrs)
Salary: $ 18.95 - $22.36 per hour
Published here: 2013-05-07
Represented By: OPSEU
Assists with the provision of clinical support care to patients under the direction of a regulated health care provider.
• Completion of a recognized program for personal support worker.
• One year experience in a healthcare environment.
• Current certificate of Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) or willing to obtain within 3 months of hire date.
• Previous hospital experience working as a Patient Care Assistant in a long term care setting.
• Experience working with elderly and cognitively impaired patients.
• Proven attendance record.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy;
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
* This position is represented by OPSEU
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the competition number in the subject line of your email. No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration for an interview will be contacted.