Competition Number: 13-208 MH
Status: Permanent Part Time
Program: Food Services – Long Term Care
Reports To: Food Services Manager, Long Term Care
Hours: Days, Evenings and Weekends 7.5 (Other Shifts as required)
Salary: $17.79 - $20.19 per hour
Published here: 2013-05-17
Represented By: OPSEU
• Clean up of residents/services dishes and Food Services equipment.
• Carry out food preparation for residents as appropriate
• General departmental cleaning as required
• Other related duties as required
• Current and valid Food Safety Proton Certificate from Public Health.
• Enrolled or completion of Food Service Worker program from an accredited institution.
• Previous food service health care experience in Long Term Care required.
• Previous experience in hospital setting preferred.
• Must be physically capable of pushing loaded food carts, prolonged standing, walking long distances, working in refrigerators and freezers and lifting heavy boxes.
• Strong command of the English Language.
• Ability to discern relevant information to make effective judgments and decisions in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to read and follow standardized recipes and production sheets.
• Ability to understand therapeutic diets.
• Proven attendance record.
• Ability to follow WHMIS, HACCP, FIFO procedures and guidelines.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy;
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
* This position is represented by OPSEU
Candidates may submit a job posting application to Human Resource Services by the closing date. Please quote the appropriate competition number in the subject line of your email (example: HR 01/10). We thank all external applicants, but only those under consideration will be contacted. No Agencies Please.