Competition Number: 13-237 MH
Status: Permanent Full Time
Department: Central Staffing & Scheduling Office
Reports To: Manager, Staffing Services
Hours: Days, Evenings and Nights; 7.5 Hour Shifts
Published here: 2013-06-11
Reporting to the Manager, Central Staffing & Scheduling Office, the Scheduling Assistant brings knowledge and experience with scheduling, and experience using ESP software. The assistant documents all information to report absences from work, then hires replacement staff as required. The assistant processes schedule change requests, and notifies staffing services coordinator and individual department managers of staffing problems that may arise. The assistant will be responsible for data entry re: availability, and maintaining staffing statistics. The assistant will plan and post schedules in accordance with union requirements or Mackenzie Health policies.
• Ontario Secondary School Diploma (or equivalent.)
• Experience with a computerized scheduling program (ESP preferred)
• Knowledge of Kronos Workforce Timekeeper
• Previous experience in staffing/scheduling.
• Understanding of Collective Agreements and scheduling rules in a hospital environment.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Payroll coding experience. (preferred)
• Proven communication and problem-solving skills.
• Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Keen eye for attention to detail
• Strong customer service skills, telephone etiquette, and display of core values.
• Ability to negotiate and cope with stressful situations.
• Ability to prioritize and meet goals.
• Self-motivated to work with minimal supervision.
• Strong organizational and administrative skills.
• Experience in statistical analysis an asset.
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding of contribution to patient and staff safety.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy;
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com. Please quote the competition number in the subject line of your email. No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration for an interview will be contacted.