Competition Number: 13-223 MH
Status: Permanent Part Time
Department: Surgical Float
Reports To: Patient Care Manager, Surgical Ambulatory Clinics
Hours: Days, Evenings, Nights and Weekends; 7.5 and 11.25 hour shifts
Salary: $25.22 - $27.11 per hour
Published here: 2013-06-21
Represented By: OPSEU
To provide high quality nursing care to patients and their families for inpatients and outpatients, following established standards of practice both within the hospital and the profession. The successful candidate will be scheduled to work in several surgical ambulatory clinics and the surgical wards to deliver care independently and within a team.
• Graduate of a recognized registered practical nurse program.
• Holds a current general certificate of registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
• Current Basic Rescuer Certificate in Basic Cardiac Life Support.
• 4-5 years of acute med/surg experience.
• Ambulatory clinic experience an asset.
• Ambulatory OR experience an asset.
• Highly skilled in IV insertion.
• Demonstrated ability to make appropriate decisions and exercise sound judgment.
• Ability to work independently and function effectively in a constantly changing work environment.
• Knowledge of College of Nurses of Ontario standards of practice.
• Proven strong problem solving skills.
• Proven completion of consistent professional development
• Proven excellent attendance record.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy;
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
* This position is represented by OPSEU
Candidates may submit a job posting application to Human Resource Services by the closing date. Please quote the appropriate competition number in the subject line of your email (example: HR 01/10). We thank all external applicants, but only those under consideration will be contacted. No Agencies Please.