Competition Number: 13-251 MH
Status: Casual Part Time
Department: Behaviour Management – Autism Simcoe Program
Reports To: Manager, Behaviour Management Services
Hours: Days, 7.5 hour shifts
Published here: 2013-06-21
As an Instructor Therapist, you will be implementing intensive behaviour intervention (IBI), based on the principles of applied behaviour analysis (ABA). You will be required to work with individuals with autism between the ages of 3-18 years of age, either one- on- one or in a group setting. You will be responsible for delivering direct service, preparing teaching materials, monitoring the learner’s progress through data collection, participating in treatment planning, attending weekly team meetings, and liaising with parents.
• One to two years of IBI experience would be an asset.
• A degree in psychology or a related field or a diploma in a behavioural science program would be an asset.
• Candidate must have a valid Ontario driver’s license, a vehicle and be willing to travel throughout York Region, and Simcoe County.
• Candidates must be willing to participate in and successfully complete a comprehensive training program.
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding of contribution to patient and staff safety.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy;
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the competition number in the subject line of your email. No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration for an interview will be contacted.