Competition Number: 13-288 MH
Status: Temporary Full Time (2) – approximately 1 year
Department: Transformation Team/Redevelopment
Reports To: Executive Director, Transformation
Hours: Days; 7.5 hour shifts
Published here: 2013-07-11
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Transformation Specialist to make a strong contribution in the planning of a new, state of the art hospital in Vaughan and renewing the Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital. This transformation project will work towards bringing the best available practices, the newest technologies, and innovative models of care to enrich the health and well-being of its diverse communities. Mackenzie Health’s two-site model of care will achieve its shared vision of providing a “world-class health experience close to home.”
As a member of the Transformation Team, the Transformation Specialist works closely with internal and external stakeholders to lead the planning and development of the Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital and the transformation of existing services in preparation for a two hospital organization, supporting Mackenzie Health’s strategy, project vision and operational goals. This includes facilitating service and user groups, project management, change management and implementation and reporting.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Working knowledge of, and experience with, Lean principles and tools.
• 5 years of related experience in a hospital environment.
• 5 years of clinical operations experience in peri-operative, procedural, inpatient and/or emergency programs required.
• Experience leading change and project management initiatives within interdisciplinary teams.
• Proactive with a proven ability to achieve results and advance work plans.
• Excellent analytical, organizational, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Excellent project management, change management, facilitation, coaching, and conflict resolution skills with an ability to promote collaboration and reach consensus decision making.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated experience in data collection, analysis and reporting.
• Familiarity with the patient care process from a holistic systems perspective complemented by a strong interest in transformation initiatives.
• Process improvement and customer service orientation.
• Demonstrated leadership qualities with an ability to build effective relationships.
• Ability to work independently and as a part of a collaborative team.
• Computer literacy in a Windows environment utilizing Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook at an advanced level.
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding of contribution to patient and staff safety.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Candidates may submit a job posting application to Human Resource Services by the closing date. Please quote the appropriate competition number in the subject line of your email (example: HR 01/10). We thank all external applicants, but only those under consideration will be contacted. No Agencies Please.