Competition Number: 13-294 MH
Status: Permanent Full Time
Department: Finance and Information Management
Reports To: Deputy Chief Financial Officer
Hours: 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday), with occasional weekends and evenings
Published here: 2013-07-15
The Director, Financial Services provides strategic operational leadership and direction in managing the Finance portfolio including general accounting, accounts receivable, patient accounts, payroll and related policies and procedures. The primary accountability will be the timely and accurate preparation of the financial reporting, including but not limited to the monthly financial statements, annual audit, bi-weekly payroll and accounts payable. The Director Financial Services will lead the finance and payroll teams and work collaboratively and effectively with other members of the management team and key stakeholders, including COHPA staff and member hospitals. The Director will provide consultation on accounting, payroll and auditing matters as well as be knowledgeable in the funding formula and its impacts.
• Baccalaureate degree in Commerce or Business Administration as well as a professional accounting designation in good standing (CGA, CA, CMA);
• Certificate in payroll or Canadian Payroll Manager certification
• 5-10 years leading the finance/accounting function in a medium to large-sized business (healthcare environment preferred).
• The ability to supervise, delegate, motivate and lead departmental work teams
• Solid comprehension and understanding of the application of GAAP, payroll legislated requirements and working within the requirements of collective agreements for payroll purposes.
• Knowledge of hospital operations, hospital funding processes and reporting requirements with the ability to provide subject matter advice to senior management.
• Ability to think strategically and execute operationally
• Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build, establish and maintain collaborative, service-oriented relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Demonstrated experience in influencing effective business decisions.
• Demonstrated ability to develop a structured approach to process and problem solving with a strong focus on customer service and performance improvement.
• Demonstrated experience in data collection, analysis and reporting.
• Demonstrated experience in effectively facilitating discussion groups and delivering training sessions when required
• Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
• A high energy level, self-directed, ready to take initiative and/or to be responsive and proactive in all aspects of Financial Services.
• Superior judgement, critical thinking, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
• Advanced computer software proficiency using Microsoft Office.
• Proven ability to manage projects, achieve results and advance workplans.
• Excellent prioritization, organizational and time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines and achieve high standards of service and performance.
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding of contribution to patient and staff safety
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy;
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the competition number in the subject line of your email. No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration for an interview will be contacted.