Competition Number: 13-314 MH
Status: Permanent Part Time
Program: Food Services – Long Term Care
Reports To: Food Services Manager, Long Term Care
Hours: Days, Evenings and Weekends; 7.5 (Other Shifts as required)
Salary: $17.79 - $20.19 per hour
Published here: 2013-07-26
• Clean up of residents/services dishes and Food Services equipment.
• Carry out food preparation for residents as appropriate
• General departmental cleaning as required
• Other related duties as required
• Current and valid Food Safety Proton Certificate from Public Health.
• Enrolled or completion of Food Service Worker program from an accredited institution.
• Previous food service health care experience in Long Term Care required.
• Previous experience in hospital setting preferred.
• Must be physically capable of pushing loaded food carts, prolonged standing, walking long distances, working in refrigerators and freezers and lifting heavy boxes.
• Strong command of the English Language.
• Ability to discern relevant information to make effective judgments and decisions in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to read and follow standardized recipes and production sheets.
• Ability to understand therapeutic diets.
• Proven attendance record.
• Ability to follow WHMIS, HACCP, FIFO procedures and guidelines.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy;
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
* This position is represented by OPSEU
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the competition number in the subject line of your email. No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration for an interview will be contacted.