Competition Number: 13-322 MH
Status: Casual Part Time
Department: Laboratory Medicine
Reports To: Manager, Laboratory Medicine
Hours: Days, Evenings, Nights and Weekends; 7.5 and 11.25 Hour Shifts
Published here: 2013-07-30
Performs venipuncture for pre-operative, electives, in-hospital and emergency clients. Prepares and documents specimens for referral to external agencies. Performs electrocardiograms.
• Laboratory Assistant Certificate from a recognized educational institution or equivalent.
• OSMT certification preferred.
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
• Related experience in a hospital environment preferred.
• Computer skills in a windows environment.
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding of contribution to patient and staff safety.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Candidates may submit a job posting application to Human Resource Services by the closing date. Please quote the appropriate competition number in the subject line of your email (example: HR 01/10). We thank all external applicants, but only those under consideration will be contacted. No Agencies Please.