Competition Number: 13-318 MH
Status: Permanent Full Time
Department: Business Information Systems
Reports To: Manager, Business Systems
Hours: Days; 7.5 hour shifts
Published here: 2013-07-31
Through a consultative client centered approach, the Senior Systems Analyst – Payroll/Finance works collaboratively with the Business Systems and Finance/Payroll teams in providing system leadership and support to management and employees. The primary focus will include Payroll and Finance system optimization, application support, assessing, testing and implementing new functionalities, developing user guides and training, designing and delivering system project initiatives, data integrity and reporting. This includes serving as the subject matter expert and partnering with key stakeholders and user groups in optimizing current system functionality and advancing integration initiatives with other systems in support of the hospital’s current and future operations. The Senior Systems Analyst – Payroll/Finance prepares reports in support of operations and conducts audits to ensure data integrity in the development and preparation of reports. Additional components of the role include project management, continuous quality improvement initiatives and best practice research that support leading edge systems design and delivery to meet all Finance and Payroll service needs.
• Degree in Accounting or Business Administration or related field required.
• Strong knowledge of Canadian payroll rules.
• Working knowledge of, and experience with, LEAN principles and tools.
• Minimum of 5 years of direct finance/payroll experience, preferably in a hospital environment.
• HRIS experience with Kronos or Infinium preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of accounting, payroll legislated requirements and working within the requirements of collective agreements for payroll purposes.
• Familiarity with payroll/finance system functionality.
• Experience in implementing and enhancing systems.
• Strong knowledge of databases and reporting systems
• Demonstrated experience in data collection, analysis and reporting.
• Demonstrated experience in effectively facilitating discussion groups and delivering training sessions.
• Professional verbal, written and presentation skills at an advanced level.
• A high energy level, self-directed, ready to take initiative and/or to be responsive and proactive in all aspects of Payroll and Financial Services.
• Superior judgement, critical thinking, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
• Advanced computer software proficiency using Microsoft Office. Infinium and Kronos experience a definite asset.
• Proven ability to manage projects, achieve results and advance workplans.
• Excellent prioritization, organizational and time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Process improvement and customer service orientation.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
• Demonstrates understanding of contribution to patient and staff safety.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the competition number in the subject line of your email. No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration for an interview will be contacted.