Competition Number: 13-230 MH
Status: Permanent Full Time
Department: Program Administration
Reports To: Executive Directors of Operations
Hours: 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday), with occasional weekends and evenings
Published here: 2013-08-01
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and organizational support to the Executive Directors of Operations. The candidate will provide complex and confidential administrative support in a dynamic environment, and function with a high degree of attention to detail, quality, accuracy and prioritization of work in a team setting. While Administrative Assistants support individuals, they share responsibility for supporting the collective needs of the team, support the service atmosphere and professionalism that exemplifies Mackenzie Health’s values and guiding principles.
• Provides a variety of confidential and time sensitive advanced administrative duties, often within competing time frames.
• Ensures and deploys up-to-date technological office support systems and skills with respect to software, communications, filing, etc. to ensure the most effective and efficient operation of the office.
• Creates, organizes and maintains an effective file and e-file management system.
• Reviews all incoming correspondence, determines action required and follows up on related items.
• Drafts and proof reads correspondence including reports, letters, responses, memorandums and prepares presentation material while ensuring accuracy and appropriateness of presentation formats, etc. using advanced skills in relevant software applications.
• Manages calendars, organizes travel and conference arrangements and co-ordinates a variety of engagements with both external and internal clients.
• Facilitates and organizes communication with external clients.
• Prepares and provides, in advance, documents and files required for meetings, conferences, telephone calls, etc.
• Tracks agenda items, prepares agendas, coordinates material for distribution, attends meetings and records minutes, as assigned, with a high degree of accuracy.
• Takes a proactive approach and works collaboratively with other Executive Assistants and key stakeholders when preparing agendas, managing materials and following up on outstanding action items.
• Conducts fact finding, literature/internet search, screens information and compiles reports and/or presentations.
• Manages expense reports, budgeting and procurement requirements adhering to corporate guidelines.
• Prepares Payroll input for direct reports within the portfolio and the preparation of bi-weekly approval.
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding of contribution to patient and staff safety
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy;
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
• Successful completion of a Business Administrative Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3-5 years of secretarial experience at a senior level or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Excellent organization and time management skills with an ability to effectively manage a complexity of tasks simultaneously.
• Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and manage own workflow to ensure quality and efficiency.
• Proficient minute-taker with an ability to prepare high quality concise meeting minutes.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the competition number in the subject line of your email. No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration for an interview will be contacted.