Competition Number: 13-284 MH
Status: Casual Part Time
Program: Surgery Program
Reports To: Patient Care Manager, Day Surgery
Hours: Days; 7.5 Hour Shifts (Other Shifts as Required)
Published here: 2013-08-20
In collaboration with nursing, other hospital staff and various community services provides clerical support to maintain a progressive and personalized health care environment.
• Grade 12 or equivalent
• Working knowledge of Medical Terminology.
• Recent experience in an acute care setting as a Unit Secretary.
• Keyboarding skills (40 wpm) and computer literacy.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure. i.e. volume, crowded environment, interruptions, completing a variety of tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
• Must be knowledgeable about HBOC, EPF, ESP and Outlook.
• Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding of contribution to patient and staff safety
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy;
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Candidates may submit a job posting application to Human Resource Services by the closing date. Please quote the appropriate competition number in the subject line of your email (example: HR 01/10). We thank all external applicants, but only those under consideration will be contacted. No Agencies Please.