Competition Number: 13-284 MH
Status: Casual Part Time
Program: Surgery Program
Reports To: Patient Care Manager, Day Surgery
Hours: Days; 7.5 Hour Shifts (Other Shifts as Required)
Published here: 2013-08-20
In collaboration with nursing, other hospital staff and various community services provides clerical support to maintain a progressive and personalized health care environment.
• Grade 12 or equivalent
• Working knowledge of Medical Terminology.
• Recent experience in an acute care setting as a Unit Secretary.
• Keyboarding skills (40 wpm) and computer literacy.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure. i.e. volume, crowded environment, interruptions, completing a variety of tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
• Must be knowledgeable about HBOC, EPF, ESP and Outlook.
• Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding of contribution to patient and staff safety
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy;
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the competition number in the subject line of your email. No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration for an interview will be contacted.