Competition Number: 13-372 MH
Status: Permanent Part Time (2)
Department: Patient Access
Reports To: Coordinator, Patient Access
Hours: Days, Evenings, Nights and Weekends;
Published here: 2013-09-20
Working with the professional team, provides scheduling, registration, admission and bed allocation services as well as clerical support to maintain a progressive and personalized health care environment.
• Medical terminology certificate required.
• Keyboarding skills and computer literacy (50-60 wpm).
• Knowledge of windows in a computing environment.
• Experience in a medical/health care setting preferred or medical environment an asset.
• Flexible and open to change. Proven ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Self-starter, ability to prioritize
• Able to discern relevant information to make effective judgments and decisions to manage care.
• Strong assessment skills and organizational skills
• Conflict management skills
• Demonstrated excellent written and verbal English language skills
• Ability to speak a second language an asset.
• Demonstrated strong understanding of confidentiality obligations.
• Seeks help and accepts guidance when a gap in competence is identified
• Promotes and assists with activities for Quality improvement.
• Self-starter, ability to prioritize.
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding of contribution to patient and staff safety
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy;
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Candidates may submit a job posting application to Human Resource Services by the closing date. Please quote the appropriate competition number in the subject line of your email (example: HR 01/10). We thank all external applicants, but only those under consideration will be contacted. No Agencies Please.