Competition Number: 13-372 MH
Status: Permanent Part Time (2)
Department: Patient Access
Reports To: Coordinator, Patient Access
Hours: Days, Evenings, Nights and Weekends;
Published here: 2013-09-20
Working with the professional team, provides scheduling, registration, admission and bed allocation services as well as clerical support to maintain a progressive and personalized health care environment.
• Medical terminology certificate required.
• Keyboarding skills and computer literacy (50-60 wpm).
• Knowledge of windows in a computing environment.
• Experience in a medical/health care setting preferred or medical environment an asset.
• Flexible and open to change. Proven ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Self-starter, ability to prioritize
• Able to discern relevant information to make effective judgments and decisions to manage care.
• Strong assessment skills and organizational skills
• Conflict management skills
• Demonstrated excellent written and verbal English language skills
• Ability to speak a second language an asset.
• Demonstrated strong understanding of confidentiality obligations.
• Seeks help and accepts guidance when a gap in competence is identified
• Promotes and assists with activities for Quality improvement.
• Self-starter, ability to prioritize.
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding of contribution to patient and staff safety
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy;
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the competition number in the subject line of your email. No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration for an interview will be contacted.