Competition Number: 13-444 MH
Status: Temporary Part Time (Approx., 3 months)
Program: Food Services – Patient
Reports To: Manager, Food Services
Hours: Days, Evenings and Weekends; 7.5 Hour Shifts (other shifts as required); Must be available to work 2
Salary: $17.79 - $20.19 per hour
Published here: 2013-10-08
Represented By: OPSEU
• Clean up of patient/services dishes and Food Services equipment.
• Carry out food preparation for patients as appropriate
• General departmental cleaning as required
• Other related duties as required
• Current and valid Food Safety Proton Certificate from Public Health
• Previous experience in hospital setting preferred
• Must be physically capable of pushing loaded food carts, prolonged standing, walking long distances, working in refrigerators and freezers and lifting heavy boxes
• Strong command of the English Language
• Ability to discern relevant information to make effective judgments and decisions in a fast paced environment
• Ability to read and follow standardized recipes and production sheets
• Ability to understand therapeutic diets
• Ability to follow WHMIS, HACCP, FIFO procedures and guidelines
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding of contribution to patient and staff safety
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy;
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
* This position is represented by OPSEU
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the competition number in the subject line of your email. No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration for an interview will be contacted.