Competition Number: 13-444 MH
Status: Temporary Part Time (Approx., 3 months)
Program: Food Services – Patient
Reports To: Manager, Food Services
Hours: Days, Evenings and Weekends; 7.5 Hour Shifts (other shifts as required); Must be available to work 2
Salary: $17.79 - $20.19 per hour
Published here: 2013-10-08
Represented By: OPSEU
• Clean up of patient/services dishes and Food Services equipment.
• Carry out food preparation for patients as appropriate
• General departmental cleaning as required
• Other related duties as required
• Current and valid Food Safety Proton Certificate from Public Health
• Previous experience in hospital setting preferred
• Must be physically capable of pushing loaded food carts, prolonged standing, walking long distances, working in refrigerators and freezers and lifting heavy boxes
• Strong command of the English Language
• Ability to discern relevant information to make effective judgments and decisions in a fast paced environment
• Ability to read and follow standardized recipes and production sheets
• Ability to understand therapeutic diets
• Ability to follow WHMIS, HACCP, FIFO procedures and guidelines
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding of contribution to patient and staff safety
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy;
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
* This position is represented by OPSEU
Candidates may submit a job posting application to Human Resource Services by the closing date. Please quote the appropriate competition number in the subject line of your email (example: HR 01/10). We thank all external applicants, but only those under consideration will be contacted. No Agencies Please.