Competition Number: 13-454 MH
Status: Casual Part Time (4)
Department: Nursing Resource Team
Reports To: Manager, Central Staffing & Scheduling
Hours: Days, Evenings Nights and Weekends; 7.5 and 11.25 hour shifts (other shifts as required)
Salary: $18.95 - $22.36 per hour
Published here: 2013-10-08
Assists with the provision of clinical support care to patients under the direction of a regulated health care provider.
• Completion of a recognized program for personal support worker.
• One year experience in a healthcare environment.
• Current certificate of Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) or willing to obtain within 3 months of hire date.
• Previous hospital experience working as a Patient Care Assistant in a long term care setting.
• Experience working with elderly and cognitively impaired patients.
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding of contribution to patient and staff safety
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy;
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
* This position is represented by OPSEU
Candidates may submit a job posting application to Human Resource Services by the closing date. Please quote the appropriate competition number in the subject line of your email (example: HR 01/10). We thank all external applicants, but only those under consideration will be contacted. No Agencies Please.