Competition Number: 13-463 MH
Status: Permanent Part Time
Department: Medical Imaging
Reports To: Program Manager, Diagnostic Services and Clinical Support
Hours: Days, Evenings, Nights, and Weekends; 7.5 Hour Shifts (other shifts as required)
Published here: 2013-10-18
As part of the inter-professional team the Registered Technologist plays an essential role in providing quality and patient/family centered care. The Registered technologist is responsible to work within a team environment to complete diagnostic images of In-patient and Out-patient clients in an accurate, efficient and professional manner. All roles are essential in providing a safe and healthy environment for patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and others by ensuring that health and safety policies are followed.
• Carries out technical flow of work.
• Actively participates in the daily departmental quality assurance program.
• Works with physicians, other healthcare professionals, and other departments in the hospital to provide complete patient care.
• Optimizes the processes and quality of images provided.
• Diploma (Degree) in Radiography from an accredited institution.
• Must be a registered member in good standing of CMRTO.
• Membership in CAMRT/OAMRT preferred.
• Demonstrates ability to work as a team member.
• Demonstrates ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrates excellence in communication, both written and verbal.
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding of contribution to patient and staff safety
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy;
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Candidates may submit a job posting application to Human Resource Services by the closing date. Please quote the appropriate competition number in the subject line of your email (example: HR 01/10). We thank all external applicants, but only those under consideration will be contacted. No Agencies Please.