Competition Number: 13-477 MH
Status: Casual Part Time
Program: Laboratory Medicine
Reports To: Manager, Laboratory Medicine
Hours: Days, Evenings, Nights and Weekends; 7.5 and 11.25 Hour Shifts
Published here: 2013-10-22
Performs venipuncture for pre-operative, electives, in-hospital and emergency clients. Prepares and documents specimens for referral to external agencies. Performs electrocardiograms.
• Laboratory Assistant Certificate from a recognized educational institution or equivalent.
• OSMT certification preferred.
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
• Related experience in a hospital environment preferred.
• Computer skills in a windows environment.
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding of contribution to patient and staff safety.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com. Please quote the competition number in the subject line of your email. No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration for an interview will be contacted.