Competition Number: 13-620 MH
Status: Permanent Part Time
Program: Laboratory Services
Reports To: Manager, Laboratory Medicine
Hours: Days, Evenings, Nights and Weekends; 7.5 Hour Shifts
Published here: 2014-01-07
Functioning as a team player, the Medical Laboratory Technologist contributes to the promotion and treatment of health conditions by performing and interpreting diagnostic laboratory tests, while ensuring optimum patient care.
• A Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) general diploma from a recognized institution of medical laboratory technology.
• Completion of the certification exams for general registration with the CSMLS.
• Current registration with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO).
• Experience in core lab including transfusion medicine required.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a dynamic team.
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding of contribution to patient and staff safety.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com. Please quote the competition number in the subject line of your email. No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration for an interview will be contacted.