Competition Number: 13-620 MH
Status: Permanent Part Time
Program: Laboratory Services
Reports To: Manager, Laboratory Medicine
Hours: Days, Evenings, Nights and Weekends; 7.5 Hour Shifts
Published here: 2014-01-07
Functioning as a team player, the Medical Laboratory Technologist contributes to the promotion and treatment of health conditions by performing and interpreting diagnostic laboratory tests, while ensuring optimum patient care.
• A Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) general diploma from a recognized institution of medical laboratory technology.
• Completion of the certification exams for general registration with the CSMLS.
• Current registration with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO).
• Experience in core lab including transfusion medicine required.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a dynamic team.
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding of contribution to patient and staff safety.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Candidates may submit a job posting application to Human Resource Services by the closing date. Please quote the appropriate competition number in the subject line of your email (example: HR 01/10). We thank all external applicants, but only those under consideration will be contacted. No Agencies Please.