Competition Number: 13-635 MH
Status: Permanent Full Time
Department: ICT Collaborative, ICAT (Information Communications Automation Technology)
Reports To: Technical Infrastructure Manager
Hours: 37.5 (Monday to Friday); with occasional weekends and evenings
Published here: 2014-01-14
As part of the larger ICAT team, works under indirect supervision, assists in the maintenance, and control of enterprise databases; monitor databases; maintain database backup and recovery system; control user access to and all security aspects of enterprise databases. The incumbent will also work to facilitate the successful movement and representation of data around enterprise databases, as well as to resolve questions related to all areas of Database Administration on all production platforms supported by the enterprise. Experience with designing databases as well as integration between third party systems is required.
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
• BS/BA in Computer Science or other technical discipline with 10 years of DB experience
• MS SQL Server 2008/12 R2 Database Administrator with strong enterprise database architecture skills.
• Expertise in designing, implementing and maintaining High Availability solutions.
• Experience in designing database applications and integrating with third party systems
• Expertise in core SQL Server concepts - performance monitoring/tuning, replication, partitioning.
• Expertise in all aspects of SQL Server database security; familiarity with security best practices
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics.
• Expertise with design and implementation of both OLTP and OLAP database solutions.
• Experience with Microsoft 2008R2/2012 Business Intelligence stack - expertise with SQL Server Integration Services; familiarity/proficiency with SQL Server Analysis and Reporting Services.
• Familiarity with data modeling and data mining.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills required. Ability to interact with management and business application owners to communicate status and collect requirements.
• Production support responsibilities including some on-call rotating scheduling.
• Seeking candidate that is good at troubleshooting data issues, self-starter, highly motivated, and can lead projects.
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding of contribution to patient and staff safety
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Candidates may submit a job posting application to Human Resource Services by the closing date. Please quote the appropriate competition number in the subject line of your email (example: HR 01/10). We thank all external applicants, but only those under consideration will be contacted. No Agencies Please.