Competition Number: 13-720 MH
Status: Casual Part Time
Department: Medical Imaging
Reports To: Program Manager, Diagnostic Services and Clinical Support
Hours: Davs, Evenings, Nights, and Weekends; 7.5 Hour Shifts
Published here: 2014-02-25
As part of the inter-professional team the Registered Technologist plays an essential role in providing quality and patient/family centered care. The Registered technologist is responsible to work within a team environment to complete diagnostic images of In-patient and Out-patient clients in an accurate, efficient and professional manner. The technologist will work in both X-ray and Interventional Radiology. All roles are essential in providing a safe and healthy environment for patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and others by ensuring that health and safety policies are followed.
• Carries out technical flow of work.
• Actively participates in the daily departmental quality assurance program.
• Works with physicians, other healthcare professionals and departments within the hospital to provide complete patient care.
• Optimizes the processes and quality of images provided.
• Diploma (Degree) in Radiography from an accredited institution.
• Must be a registered member in good standing of CMRTO.
• Membership in CAMRT/OAMRT preferred.
• Quality Control experience, an asset.
• Demonstrates ability to work as a team member.
• Demonstrates ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrates excellence in communication, both written and verbal.
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding of contribution to patient and staff safety
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com. Please quote the competition number in the subject line of your email. No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration for an interview will be contacted.