Competition Number: 14-022 MH
Status: Temporary Part Time (approx. 8 months)
Department: Food Services – Patient
Reports To: Manager, Food Services
Hours: Days, Evenings, and Weekends; 7.5 Hour Shifts (other shifts as required); Must be available to work
Salary: $18.51 - $21.00 per hour
Published here: 2014-04-11
Represented By: OPSEU
The host/hostess is responsible for assisting patients with meals including meal selection, service and retrieval, in accordance with the patient’s dietary needs/restrictions.
• Completion of High School Education or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Current and valid Food Safety Proton Certificate from Public Health.
• Minimum of 1 year experience as a host/hostess.
• Must have completed the Food Safety Proton Course from Public Health.
• Demonstrates knowledge of basic diet information.
• Good command of the English language, including reading, writing and verbal skills.
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment, maintaining professional, positive working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and managers.
• Ability to work productively and effectively in a fast paced environment.
• Demonstrates excellent customer service.
• Computer literacy in a Windows environment.
• Proven attendance record.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
* This position is represented by OPSEU
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the competition number in the subject line of your email. No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration for an interview will be contacted.