Competition Number: 14-022 MH
Status: Temporary Part Time (approx. 8 months)
Department: Food Services – Patient
Reports To: Manager, Food Services
Hours: Days, Evenings, and Weekends; 7.5 Hour Shifts (other shifts as required); Must be available to work
Salary: $18.51 - $21.00 per hour
Published here: 2014-04-11
Represented By: OPSEU
The host/hostess is responsible for assisting patients with meals including meal selection, service and retrieval, in accordance with the patient’s dietary needs/restrictions.
• Completion of High School Education or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Current and valid Food Safety Proton Certificate from Public Health.
• Minimum of 1 year experience as a host/hostess.
• Must have completed the Food Safety Proton Course from Public Health.
• Demonstrates knowledge of basic diet information.
• Good command of the English language, including reading, writing and verbal skills.
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment, maintaining professional, positive working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and managers.
• Ability to work productively and effectively in a fast paced environment.
• Demonstrates excellent customer service.
• Computer literacy in a Windows environment.
• Proven attendance record.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
* This position is represented by OPSEU
Candidates may submit a job posting application to Human Resource Services by the closing date. Please quote the appropriate competition number in the subject line of your email (example: HR 01/10). We thank all external applicants, but only those under consideration will be contacted. No Agencies Please.