Competition Number: 14-234 MH
Status: Permanent Full Time
Department: ICAT (Information Communication Automation Technology)
Reports To: Technical Infrastructure Manager
Hours: Days; 7.5 Hours (other shifts as required)
Published here: 2014-10-07
As part of the larger ICAT team, the successful candidate works under indirect supervision, performs IT equipment deployment, asset tracking, repairs, moves/adds/changes, lifecycle and implementation of IT related equipment. This individual will provide resolution to escalated incidents involving desktop hardware/software, workgroup output devices and off site locations (all within a 15km radius) and will complete tasks assigned and related to the support of desktop hardware/software. The successful candidate will provide support for projects related to desktop hardware/software and manage the inventory of items and support related materials, investigate and validate invoices and maintain documentation related to the support of desktop hardware/software. This individual will also engage customers and evaluate system and devices in an effort to prevent incidents related to desktop hardware/software.
• College/Bachelor Degree in Information Technology or related experience.
• A+ Certification and MCP certification.
• ITIL Certification.
• Knowledge of Citrix XenApp and thin client/virtual desktop environments including thin client hardware.
• Experience with supporting smart phones (Blackberry, Apple, Android).
• Understanding of WAN and LAN topologies.
• 5 years in a deployment support role.
• 3 years in a desktop support role.
• Knowledge of active directory.
• Knowledge of Microsoft OS and applications.
• Problem solving skills concerning, software, hardware and telecommunications.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and written in a professional manner.
• Ability to create and maintain positive and professional business relationships with both internal associates and external customers.
• Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to learn and master new technology quickly and improve personal performance through continual self-study.
• A sense of urgency to complete tasks and assignments.
• High level of integrity and honesty.
• Ability to take direction and follow practices and procedures consistently and accurately.
• Good time management skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Must have a valid driver's license and vehicle.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. on a regular basis.
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding of contribution to patient and staff safety
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the competition number in the subject line of your email. No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration for an interview will be contacted.