Competition Number: 14-234 MH
Status: Permanent Full Time
Department: ICAT (Information Communication Automation Technology)
Reports To: Technical Infrastructure Manager
Hours: Days; 7.5 Hours (other shifts as required)
Published here: 2014-10-07
As part of the larger ICAT team, the successful candidate works under indirect supervision, performs IT equipment deployment, asset tracking, repairs, moves/adds/changes, lifecycle and implementation of IT related equipment. This individual will provide resolution to escalated incidents involving desktop hardware/software, workgroup output devices and off site locations (all within a 15km radius) and will complete tasks assigned and related to the support of desktop hardware/software. The successful candidate will provide support for projects related to desktop hardware/software and manage the inventory of items and support related materials, investigate and validate invoices and maintain documentation related to the support of desktop hardware/software. This individual will also engage customers and evaluate system and devices in an effort to prevent incidents related to desktop hardware/software.
• College/Bachelor Degree in Information Technology or related experience.
• A+ Certification and MCP certification.
• ITIL Certification.
• Knowledge of Citrix XenApp and thin client/virtual desktop environments including thin client hardware.
• Experience with supporting smart phones (Blackberry, Apple, Android).
• Understanding of WAN and LAN topologies.
• 5 years in a deployment support role.
• 3 years in a desktop support role.
• Knowledge of active directory.
• Knowledge of Microsoft OS and applications.
• Problem solving skills concerning, software, hardware and telecommunications.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and written in a professional manner.
• Ability to create and maintain positive and professional business relationships with both internal associates and external customers.
• Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to learn and master new technology quickly and improve personal performance through continual self-study.
• A sense of urgency to complete tasks and assignments.
• High level of integrity and honesty.
• Ability to take direction and follow practices and procedures consistently and accurately.
• Good time management skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Must have a valid driver's license and vehicle.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. on a regular basis.
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding of contribution to patient and staff safety
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Candidates may submit a job posting application to Human Resource Services by the closing date. Please quote the appropriate competition number in the subject line of your email (example: HR 01/10). We thank all external applicants, but only those under consideration will be contacted. No Agencies Please.