Mackenzie Health and Philips held an Innovation Summit in June to identify opportunities for applied innovations that could be developed and evaluated over the next 12-18 months for implementation at the new Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital in support of the goal to create a new smart hospital.
- Ideas for these innovation projects were discussed and refined at the Summit:
- Remote monitoring of CKD, CHF, COPD patients at home
- Early identification of patient deterioration in the ED and inpatient settings
- Emergency Department optimization
- Definitive diagnosis/Diagnostic information center
- Development of Philips HealthSuite digital platform
Last year, Mackenzie Health and Philips signed an 18-year strategic partnership under a managed equipment services model through which Mackenzie Health will have access to state-of-the art equipment (including those of other vendors) and services for a multi-year term under a single payment structure.